Altox is a consultative company specialized within the areas of the Environment, Occupational health, Biocides, Cosmetics, Toys and Chemicals.
Altox has two main activities: Counselling and Courses.
The regulations on chemicals are changed frequently. Many companies therefore prefer to use a consultant, who is always up to date with the regulations. Altox is such a consultant.
- Toxicological evaluations of chemical substances and products
- Ecotoxicological evaluations of chemical substances and products
- Classification and labelling of substances and mixtures according to EC regulations and special Scandinavian regulations
- Elaboration of suppliers and employers SDS according to EC regulations and special Scandinavian regulations (there is around 10 other orders and regulations, which must be taken into consideration)
- Advise on transportation of dangerous goods according to ADR/RID- and IMDG-regulations
- Calculation of 1993 Code numbers according to special Danish regulations
- Evaluation and labelling of cosmetic products according to EC regulations
- Advise on waste codes and handling of waste according to EC regulations and special Scandinavian regulations
- Notifications to the authorities (including the Product registers in the three Scandinavian countries)
- Evaluation and labelling of detergents and cleansing agents according to the EC recommendation
- Toxicological evaluation of toys (paint, plasticine etc.)
- Contact to the Authorities
- Application for exemptions
- Management of chemicals
Altox also arrange and give courses for chemists, biologists, engineers, laboratory technicians, manufactures, importers and other people who, in some way or the other, have contact with dangerous chemical substances and products.
- Explanatory courses concerning suppliers Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Explanatory courses concerning employers SDS
- Classification of dangerous chemical products
- Evaluation of the potential danger of substances
- Personal protection/equipment
- 1993-Code numbers
- EWC = European Waste Codes
- Regulation on carcinogenic substances
- Evaluation and environmental classification of chemical substances and products
- ensure fulfilling of the Danish Act on Chemical Substances and Products
- make a satisfactory toxicological evaluation of a product
- make the SDS
- calculate the 1993-Codenumber
- carry out the notification to the Authorities
it is absolutely necessary that Altox, on behalf of the importer or manufacturer, has a profound knowledge of the chemical composition.
We are aware of the fact that in the process of evaluating whether a product is dangerous and might require a SDS, we acquire profound knowledge concerning the product.
We guarantee, that all information obtained will be treated as strictly confidential.
Foreign companies who sell their products in Denmark through the auspices of a Danish importer, generally desire to keep details of their formulas and manufacturing processes secret.
Prior to publication, the SDS will be forwarded to the manufacturer, for approval, if some of the confidential information has to be mentioned in the SDS in order to conform with Danish law.
In order to keep the information confidential, only the scientific personnel working for Altox have access to sensitive information, which is kept under lock and key.
Finally we wish to state, categorically, that no government body is permitted to produce SDS’s or official notifications.
Manager, consultant and partner
MA (French – Danish)
This agreement having an effective date the 2017 is between the parties:
Altox a/s – Tonsbakken 16-18 – DK-2740 Skovlunde – Denmark (Altox) and Your company (You) and sets forth the terms and conditions under which certain information of a confidential nature may be disclosed or provided by or on behalf of You to Altox.
Altox desires to obtain from You certain proprietary information, including technology, formulae, know how, methods and/or processes, customer information and Confidential Information. The information is to be made available to Altox for the purpose of evaluation of chemical hazard issues, calculation of code numbers, creation of Material Safety Data Sheets and safety labels for Your products.
Altox acknowledge and agrees that Confidential Information is a valuable trade secret and that any disclosure or unauthorized use thereof, including without limitation, use of the Confidential Information will cause irreparable harm and loss to You.
In consideration of the disclosure to Altox of Confidential Information, Altox undertakes and agrees to treat the Confidential Information at all times in confidence without in any manner limiting the generality of the foregoing, Altox undertakes the following additional obligations with respect thereto.
a) not to disclose Confidential Information to any other party without Your written permission. However with this agreement written permission to disclose the necessary Confidential Information to the
Register for Substances and Materials (Order on the Register of Substances and Materials , Order No. 466 of 14th September 1981 issued by the Ministry of Labour, Denmark) is given;
b) to limit dissemination of Confidential Information to only those employees of Altox who need to know same;
c) not to copy Confidential Information or any portion thereof; and
d) to return all Confidential Information and all documents notes or physical evidence, including copies thereof, to You immediately upon demand therefore.
Without in any manner limiting the obligations of Altox, Altox acknowledges and agrees that it shall not use the Confidential Information at any time in connection with the manufacture, sale and/or supply of any products or materials of any nature whatsoever. Altox furthermore acknowledge that nothing herein shall be construed to grant to Altox any right or license under any industrial property rights, patents, trade mark or copyrights.
Altox’s confidentiality and non-use obligations hereunder shall terminate ten (10) years from the date of receiving the Confidential Information from You, unless extended by written agreement of the parties.
The foregoing obligations of Confidentiality shall not apply any portion of the Confidential Information which Altox can demonstrate:
a) was known to Altox prior to its receipt under this agreement;
b) was published or general available to the public prior to its receipt under this Agreement, or thereafter becomes published or generally available to the public through no fault of Altox, or
c) was disclosed to Altox, free of commitment of Confidentiality and restrictions on use, by a person or entity who did not derive it directly or indirectly from and who is not under commitment or Confidentiality to You with respect thereto.